Apart from RM Reports and Advanced Reporting, clients may request for some ad-hoc reports to be sent to them regularly. This is a special favour that we provide to them as a part of good customer relation. However, the generation of these reports require significant amount of time and resources from the Dev. team i.e. Britta. Hence, we do not encourage the creation of these reports unless necessary.
Generating new custom reports takes significant dev. time when a new database query has to be written. However, similar reports can be generated with much less effort and time if the query is readily available. Going forward, any requests for similar reports can be expedited to Britta with the (1) report requirements and the (2) similar query for Britta's reference.
To write a custom report request to Britta, please gather enough information on the client's requirements before sending the ticket. Things to include:
- Report Name
- Scope/ Parameters e.g. fixtures from Jan 2017 - present
- Schedule i.e. when to send the report and state whether it's a one-time or automated report
- Recipient list p.s. good practice to BCC yourself in automated reports so that you will know if the clients are receiving the reports from the system normally
- Columns required i.e. the type of data that clients wish to extract from the database
- Other requirements e.g. format
- Database Query/ ticket from previous reports that are similar/ related
*Generally, keywords in clause titles/ clauses, datapoint fields value e.g. main terms field, history log i.e. timestamps, are some data that can be extracted for reporting.
For example, here is a list of custom reports that we have created for our clients so far:
- All Fixture Report - https://chinsay.zendesk.com/agent/#/tickets/17245
- Recap Details Report - https://chinsay.zendesk.com/agent/#/tickets/17744
- Changes Report - https://chinsay.zendesk.com/agent/#/tickets/17744
- '2020' 'Scrubbers' Report - https://chinsay.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/19310