On rare occasions, the tables cells of a box front page Charter Party (such as the BHP Billiton Voyage Contract (2013)) may be forced out of alignment due to the nature of the text inputted in the Main Terms and Vessel Details fields which are linked to said table in Charter Party.
The possible reasons for this problem are -
1. Blank spaces in the Vessel Description
- When copying a vessel description from an email recap into the editor, there may be additional blank spaces transferred. These may force the table borders to be pushed out of place.
- An easy fix is to copy the vessel description into 'Notepad' or a similar application which that renders the text as plain-text, i.e. this removes any unintended formatting from the text.
- Cut and paste this plain-text vessel description back into RM.
2. Long strings of text in email addresses
(for example in the agent contact details etc)
- There are times when you may see the following when you cut and paste an email address: John.Doe@none.com<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- The latter part (<email@example.com>) is not necessary and may have the unintended consequence of creating an abnormally long string of text.
3. Blank spaces in the other Main Terms-linked fields
- As with the vessel description, additional blank spaces may come through into the Main Terms fields when you copy and paste text from the email recap into the editor.
- One can go to the last character in the main terms field and check whether there are any extra spaces by pressing the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
If the problem persists, please feel free to contact Chinsay Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).